Salt Mines of Maras and Moray Tour
In Cusco Cultural Heritage of Humanity, every year on June 24th we celebrate the Inti Raymi or Sun Festival, an ancient festival inherited from the culture of the Incas in honor of the God Inti, Sun, this important Inca ceremony was held in the capital of Tawantinsuyo at the beginning of the winter solstice in the Andes (southern hemisphere), hence we have for you “The staging of “Inti Raymi” – “Festival of the Sun” 2022 in Cusco, recalling the Inca Inti Raymi.
If you come to Cusco close to this date, we invite you to take the June 24th in Cusco city, to experience the Inca ceremony in all its splendor.
- Confirmed departure: June 24th.
- Timetable: From 8:00 am to 16:00 pm approximately.
- Duration of the tour: 8 hours approximately.
Transport and bilingual guide (Spanish / English) in group.
Entrance ticket to the grandstand of your choice.
Refreshments or cold lunch.
Official guide of the event in 3 languages.
Travel insurance and related expenses.
- Orange Grandstand: Adult US $245 (Child under 9 years old $150)
- Red Grandstand: Adult $245 dollars. (Child under 9 years old $150)
- Green Grandstand: Adult $ 210 US dollars. (Children under 9 years old $120)
08:00 am | Pick up from your hotel
At 8:00 am. We will pick you up from your hotel to go in front of the “Coricancha” the temple of the Sun in Inca times.
08:30 am | Ceremony at Coricancha
The ceremony starts in front of the temple of Coricancha, the whole ceremony takes 30 minutes and you will be able to see the whole ceremony in reserved stands with the assistance of the guide.
09:00 am | Ceremony in the Main Square or Hauqaypata
Then, accompanied by the guide, in group we walk to the Plaza de Armas or Hauqaypata, to continue with the ceremony, where we enjoy the staging of sacred Inca rituals, this takes another 30 minutes, all this is appreciated standing from a point of the Plaza de Armas.
09:50 am | Transfer to Sacsayhuaman
We continue, always with the assistance of the guide to move by bus to Sacsayhuaman, place where the main ceremony of offering, thanks and requests to the God Inti (Sun) is staged, here the ceremony lasts about 1:30 hours, the same can be seen from the reserved seats.
The ceremonial acts that are present in Sacsayhuaman are:
- Ceremonial site
- Report of the 4 Suyus or Inca Regions: Qollasuyu, Kuntisuyu, Antisuyu and Chinchaysuyu.
- Rite of the Chicha (Inca drink).
- Rite of the Sacred Fire.
- Sacrifice of the Llama (Andean camelid) and omens.
- Rite of the Sankhu (sacred bread).
- Q’ochurikuy (burst of popular exaltation with dances and festivities).
- This tour operates daily
- You can cancel or reschedule free of charge with 48 hours’ notice
You may cancel or reschedule at no cost up to 48 hours in advance, after that the penalty is 100% of the cost.
*Place the number of people and select the date of travel to proceed with the purchase.