City tour Cusco in the morning and afternoon
Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire and houses the most important historical sites including the Cathedral, the Temple of the Sun – the “Coricancha”, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucara. Discover these fascinating sites with the help of our Eco Tour team Cusco. We will make your visit a great experience!
The City Tour of Cusco visiting the 4 archaeological sites above Cusco is very popular.
- Cost per person: $11 US Dollars.
- Departs: Every day.
- Length: From 09.00 am to 13:30 pm.
- Duration: 5 hours approximately.
Guide in shared service, in one language (English or Spanish).
First aid kit.
Strict application of biosecurity protocols to prevent the transmission of Covid – 19.
The Tourist Ticket needed for entrance to the archeological sites visited.
Travel insurance and related expenses.
Rain gear from November to March.
Have on hand the entrance tickets.
09:00 | Cusco Cathedral
We will pick you up from your hotel between 8:00am and 8:20am. We will first visit the Cathedral dating from the 16th century, the most important church in Cusco, located in the beautiful Plaza de Armas. We will then walk the narrow pedestrian streets for 8 minutes to the Coricancha, The Temple of the Sun.
10:00 | Coricancha
This was the spiritual center of the Inca Empire and its architecture is now a blend of austere Inca temples and rich Dominican Christian splendor. After a tour explaining its history, we’ll leave the city by car to go up the mountain to the impressive ceremonial center of enigmatic Sacsayhuaman.
11:00 | Sacsayhuaman
This is one of the most important Inca archaeological sites, with its massive megaliths and incredible stonework. It is representative of the phenomenal power of this ancient Andean empire. You will learn the origins and mysteries which reside in its walls. We will then go on to the site of Qenqo.
12:00 | Q’enqo
Ancient Inca religious center, this small site was dedicated to worship the Inca gods. Afterwards, we’ll head for the site of Tambomachay.
12:30 | Tambomachay
This was an Incan Water Temple, with beautiful stonework and architecture which is enhanced by the water channels that have been running for over 500 years. Just across the street is our last site, Puca Pucara.
13:00 | Puca Pucara
Our last stop for the tour is this interesting site which translates to “Red Rocks”. It was an entry point into Cusco from the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will then take the bus back down the mountain and the tour ends at your hotel or the Plaza de Armas.
These are the entrances tickets will you must to buy:
- Boleto Turístico ( Tourist pass) could be full or partial tickets according your requirement.
- Entrance to Cathedral and Entrance to Coricancha.
You may cancel or reschedule at no cost up to 48 hours in advance, after that the penalty is 100% of the cost
City Tour in the morning or in the afternoon?
- The best tour is in the afternoon, as we can appreciate the sunset of the Peruvian Andes in all its splendour and colour.
- The advantage of the Cusco city tour in the morning is that we can visit the tourist destinations of Cusco almost without tourists, since most of them will do it in the afternoon.
- And one of the disadvantages of doing the city tour in the morning is that we cannot visit the cathedral of Cusco, as there are activities going on inside the church.
*Place the number of people and select the date of travel to proceed with the purchase.