City Tour Cusco – Afternoon
The Cusco City Tour, usually the start of your sightseeing tours in Cusco, is the contact with the Inca culture and the wonderful city of Cusco “Navel of the World”, it lasts half a day, and allows you to visit the most important tourist attractions in the city and surroundings: the Inca Temple of the Sun “Qorikancha,” the Inca archaeological sites of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucara. This sightseeing tour is not to be missed.
- Cost per person: $ 25 US Dollars.
- Departs: Every day.
- Length: From 13:40 to 19:00 approx.
- Duration: 5 hours approximately.
Guide in shared service in one language (English or Spanish).
First aid kit.
Travel insurance and related expenses.
Have your entrance tickets ready, which will be given to you before the tour starts.
Mackintosh from December to March.
13:40 | Pick up from your hotel
We pick you up at your hotel to go to the temple of the sun Qoricancha, which currently preserves samples of Inca architecture. Then you will walk for about 8 minutes to Qoricancha.
14:00 | Cusco Cathedral
We will pick you up from your hotel between 8:00am and 8:20am. We will first visit the Cathedral dating from the 16th century, the most important church in Cusco, located in the beautiful Plaza de Armas. We will then walk the narrow pedestrian streets for 8 minutes to the Coricancha, The Temple of the Sun.
15:30 | Coricancha
This was the spiritual center of the Inca Empire and its architecture is now a blend of austere Inca temples and rich Dominican Christian splendor. After a tour explaining its history, we’ll leave the city by car to go up the mountain to the impressive ceremonial center of enigmatic Sacsayhuaman.
16:20 | Sacsayhuaman
This is one of the most important Inca archaeological sites, with its massive megaliths and incredible stonework. It is representative of the phenomenal power of this ancient Andean empire. You will learn the origins and mysteries which reside in its walls. We will then go on to the site of Qenqo.
12:00 | Q’enqo
Ancient Inca religious center, this small site was dedicated to worship the Inca gods. Afterwards, we’ll head for the site of Tambomachay.
16:50 | Tambomachay
This was an Incan Water Temple, with beautiful stonework and architecture which is enhanced by the water channels that have been running for over 500 years. Just across the street is our last site, Puca Pucara.
17:30 | Puca Pucara
Our last stop for the tour is this interesting site which translates to “Red Rocks”. It was an entry point into Cusco from the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will then take the bus back down the mountain and the tour ends at your hotel or the Plaza de Armas.
- This tour departs every day.
- The tour can also start in the morning.
- To make the reservation your group must be a minimum of 02 people.
- Please have your entrance tickets at hand, which we will give you before the tour starts (they are required to enter the tourist attractions).
- You can cancel or reschedule free of charge up to 48 hours before.
- You may cancel or reschedule at no cost up to 48 hours in advance, after that the penalty is 100% of the cost
City Tour in the morning or in the afternoon?
- The best tour is in the afternoon, as we can appreciate the sunset of the Peruvian Andes in all its splendour and colour.
- The advantage of the Cusco city tour in the morning is that we can visit the tourist destinations of Cusco almost without tourists, since most of them will do it in the afternoon.
- And one of the disadvantages of doing the city tour in the morning is that we cannot visit the cathedral of Cusco, as there are activities going on inside the church.
*Place the number of people and select the date of travel to proceed with the purchase.