Rainbow Mountain Full Day
The spectacular Rainbow Mountain, also known as the Mountain of Colors, is a unique landscape 5100 meters above sea level/ 16728ft. This mountain is part of the Eastern chain of the Andes Mountain Range, next to the Vilcanota Range. If you come to Cusco, be sure to save a day for this trip to enjoy this visual wonder.
- Price: 45.00 US dollars per person.
- Confirmed departures: Every day.
- Schedule: 4:00 hours to 18:00 hours.
- Duration: 14 hours approximately.
Transportation and bilingual guide in group service (English and Spanish)
First aid kit.
Services not specified.
Travel insurance and incidental expenses.
Comfortable warm clothes (hat, gloves, scarf, windbreaker).
Cash in soles.
From November to March you will also need waterproof clothing.
04:00 | Transfer
We will pick you up at your hotel between 04:30 and 05:10 AM to begin a direct 3-hour trip to the Vinicunca base, from where the trek begins.
07:00 | Breakfast
We will stop for breakfast before reaching our destination.
It takes approximately 1.5 hours to reach the viewpoint of Rainbow Mountain.
10:00| Mountain top
When you reach the top, the guide will share interesting facts and then you will have approximately 40 minutes to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
Finally you will return to the base (approximate 2-hour descent) to then go to the restaurant where you will have lunch and continue the trip back to Cusco. The tour ends in Cusco around 5:30 pm.
- Rainbow Mountain is 5100m / 16,728ft above sea level. The ascent is very strenuous, and you may need to rent a horse to get there. The cost of using a horse is 80 soles. You can ask the guide during the tour.
- Carry little load; on the way you can buy snacks and water
- We recommend visiting this natural wonder between April and November, which are the sunniest months.
You may cancel or reschedule at no cost up to 48 hours in advance, after that the penalty is 100% of the cost
*Place the number of people and select the date of travel to proceed with the purchase.