2-Day Inca Trail Trek (Group Service)
The impressive thing about the 2-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is that it is a fantastic option for those who do not have the time or desire to hike the entire Inca Trail. It is a cultural spectacle where you explore Inca cities, exotic mountains, a variety of primitive flora and fauna on display and wonderful varieties of ecological zones. The “majestic Inca Trail” crosses the National Park, plus you visit the most beautiful site of the Inca Trail (Wiñay Wayna) and undoubtedly the famous Sun Gate, you can enjoy the best corners of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day hike and with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu, this one day hike covers a distance of only 16 km, the two day Inca Trail is not too challenging, making it perfect for families with children and those with limited time.
Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Cusco.
Private transport from your hotel to Ollantaytambo train station.
3 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
Experienced official tour Guide.
Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
Expedition tourist train from Ollantaytambo to KM 104 – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
One-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, bathroom, private room and breakfast included).
Meals (One lunch, one dinner and one breakfast).
First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank.
Waynapicchu Mountain: $ 75 USD per person.
First breakfast (served at the hotel).
VISTADOME Train servece: $68 USD per person (RETURN ONLY).
Tips for staff (Eco Tour Cusco staff are paid a fair and decent wage (after your trip is over, tips are optional but much appreciated).
It is required to carry
Original passport (the same one that you used to book your trek).
Valid university ID (if you booked as a student).
Good backpack (30L or 35L).
Water bottle: 2-3 L (Camelback recommended).
Cusco Km. 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
The 02 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour starts with pick up from your hotel at 4 a.m. We will then go to the train station, where we will depart at 6:10 a.m. from Ollantaytambo.
The route follows the Urubamba River until we arrive to Km 104, where we will begin our hike. On the way, you will see spectacular views of farmland, snow-capped mountains and the mighty Urubamba River, which is one of the sources of the Amazon River.
Once at Km 104 (2,100 m / 6,927 ft), we will start our hike. It is good to have everything prepared. We will provide refreshments and take a group photo before visiting our first Inca site.
After orientation and tour around the site we will take the Inca Trail route. If the weather permit, we will have breathtaking views of Machu Picchu, Urubamba River and other surrounding Inca sites. At this point, we will ascend moderately for three hours to the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (Forever Young) (2,650 m / 8,747 ft). Most people have the opportunity to see water fountains, temples, some agricultural products and terraces, which offer a perfect opportunity to learn about the history of the Incas.
Then we will continue to the Sun Gate (2,730 m / 9,007 ft). Following the ancient Inca trail, we will get our first spectacular view of Machu Picchu, in all its splendour and majesty. As we approach the citadel of Machu Picchu, you will feel its mystical energy. Then, we will take our bus to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in our hotel.
Visit Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
This day you will definitely get to explore the Llaqta of Machu Picchu. We will start this tour very early taking the first bus at 5:30 am, to the historic Machu Picchu sanctuary. Upon arrival, you will appreciate the sunrise over this great Inca city. Take your time and be sure to explore every corner of this New Wonder of the World. It will be an unforgettable experience.
Immediately your expert tour Guide will lead you through the Llaqta of Machu Picchu and its various main streets for about an hour and a half. Afterwards, you will have time to explore the various points such as: The sacred rock spiritual and energetic centre of the Andean world, walk the carved stone stairs and enjoy the beautiful views.
There are some alternative activities that you may wish to do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of the Machu Picchu citadel (book in advance subject to availability and additional cost).
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the local museum or to the hot springs (entrance fee required).
After exploring the wonderful Llaqta of Machupicchu, you will descend to Aguas Calientes, have lunch on your own and then board the train at 14:55 or according to availability, for the return trip on the Expedition train to Ollantaytambo train station. Here is where you will meet our private transport and be transferred to your hotel in Cusco.
- Only 500 people per day are allowed to start this trek (including guides and porters), so we recommend that you make your reservation at least 7 months in advance. If the Inca Trail is already booked for your chosen dates, we offer alternative treks – check them out!
- It is imperative that for entry into The Inca Trail that you have your original passport with you.
- If you have received a Student Discount, you must also have your original Student Card.
- If you have renewed or changed your passport (or name) after your original reservation with us, it is imperative that you send us your new passport number/name and bring a copy of your old passport (or even better, the original) as well as the original new passport to be sure they will admit you onto The Inca Trail.
- The day before your start date for the Inca Trail, we will give you an instructional talk regarding what to expect for the trek, in our office at 6:00 pm.
- You are responsible for carrying your own personal belongings, including your sleeping bag and ground mat. We offer the option for you to hire a porter to carry your personal belongings, if you’d rather. This must be arranged in advance.
- To obtain a student discount, your student card must be current with your photo, issue date, expiration date, and have a security bar/magnetic strip. Please send us a photo of the card and have this card with you when you enter the Inca Trail.
- If you want to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, we’ll need plenty of notice as this is extremely popular and permits are very limited. You should request the reservation at the same time as your reservation of the Inca Trail.
To climb Huayna Picchu Mountain:
You must request this permit at the same time as your reservation for the Inca Trail. Huayna Picchu is the mountain within the Citadel of Machu Picchu – the one in all the classic photos. It is quite popular and it is also extraordinary to be able to climb it, requiring moderate physical effort, though it is very steep. From the top you will have an incredible view. It takes about 2 hours roundtrip. Permits are limited and sell out quickly.
Additional cost for permit:
$ 68.00 USD Adult.
$ 43.00 USD Student.
To climb Machu Picchu Mountain:
From the top you have an extraordinary view of the surrounding area. This climb is quite challenging and takes 4 hours roundtrip. Permits are limited.
Additional cost for permit:
$ 68.00 USD Adult.
$ 43.00 USD Student.
- Within 15 days of the start date of the tour, the cancellation penalty is 100% of your deposit.
- Within 14 days of the start date of the tour, the cancellation penalty is 100% of the total cost of the tour.
- Tickets are not transferable, and are only valid in the name in which the original reservation was made.
Inca Trail Entry Requirements:
- To enter the Inca Trail, you must have a permit from the Ministry of Culture of Peru. This is acquired through a travel agency that has authorization. Eco Tour Cusco EIRL, is an authorized agency for the operation of the Inca Trail.
- The number of people who can enter the Inca Trail is limited to 500 people per day (including guides and porters). To ensure your entry it is necessary that you make your reservation in advance (up to 1 year in advance).
- To obtain the student discount, your student card must be current and have: your photo, date of issuance and expiration date, and have a security bar/magnetic strip.
- It is forbidden to uproot plants, build fires, or to bring alcohol or other drugs on the trek.